No orders are being taken.
SegSaddle LLC is no longer providing warranty service.
What: The SegSaddle was a center mounted seating system for the 2nd generation Segway.
- The SegSaddle was designed to allow the rider to mount normally, then adjust the seat height to allow for seated or standing operation of the Segway.
- The seat was designed to provide hours of riding comfort.
- The seat post fitted into the SegSaddle Frame which is bolted to the Segway base.
- The SegSaddle Frame included a Shock Absorber that is tuned for the weight of the primary rider when the SegSaddle is ordered.
- The SegSaddle equiped Segway PT did NOT restrict the rider to a sitting position, therefore it was not a wheel chair under USA FDA regulations.
Why: We had worked with people who had been provided a Segway because of injuries acquired during military service. Working with them we realized that while standing on the Segway provided unique benefits, for many of them, having the ability to sit or stand on the Segway would make it much more useful to them. This realization lead to the development of the SegSaddle.
Where: SegSaddle LLC was based in San Antonio Texas. The SegSaddle was assembled by SegSaddle LLC, with parts coming from around the US.
When: We began working on the SegSaddle since the summer of 2007. We decided to stop manufacturing the SegSaddle at the end of 2013. The last unit has been sold - there is NO remaining inventory.